This year River School is happy to offer all of our students extra afterschool programming in a variety of areas of interest. This program is called our LEAP program – Legacy Enrichment After school Program.
These programs will feature activities provided through partnerships with other community organizations to provide all of our students with a rich variety of learning experiences.
- All of the courses and programs will be offered at NO CHARGE to any currently enrolled K-8th grade River School student.
- All of the programs will be offered at River School.
If you have any questions please see Ms. Drews, or call the school at 269-925-6757. Thank you! We hope that your child will enjoy participating in these fun learning programs.
Spelling Bee Team
Mrs. Foster, advisor
meets Thursday from 3-3:45 p.m
Mrs. Quattrin, advisor
meets various days of the week and by grade level
currently cancelled until further notice
Family Cooking and Nutrition Classes
Tuesday, November 22nd, 3-4 p.m.
As part of our Legacy Enrichment Afterschool Program, River School will begin offering dance classes to all students, girls and boys, in grades K-8th during the week of November 21. These classes will be offered at NO CHARGE for any of our students.
- Classes will be offered once a week for each grade level and will cover ballet, jazz, tap and hip hop instruction.
- Students that participate in the classes will be able to perform in a “professional” dance recital at the end of the school year.
- Students may come in comfortable clothes such as sweatpants, shorts, cotton pants, etc.. If you would like to purchase a leotard, leggings, and/or dance skirt or tutu, for your child these can be found at Target or Walmart. These are NOT required to participate.
- Students should wear “hospital socks” – socks with sticky bubbles on the bottom, bare feet, or ballet shoes. Ballet shoes are NOT required. If you would like to purchase them they can be found at Payless or purchased from Connie Cassidy Dance Studio for about $20. More information will be provided after the first few weeks of class.
- Ms. Melanie Findlay, a dance instructor from the Connie Cassidy School of dance, will be our new dance program teacher. She comes to us with many years of experience and a great deal of enthusiasm.
- The first week will be an introduction to classes. Students will have an opportunity to experience dance class and demonstrate their skills, ability and enthusiasm.
The schedule will be:
- Monday, 3-4 p.m.: 4th & 5th grade
- Tuesday, 3-4 p.m.: 2nd & 3rd grade
- Wednesday, 3-4 p.m.: Kindergarten & 1st grade
- Wednesday, 4-5 p.m.: 6th, 7th, 8th